RATIONS | SURVIVAL RATION PACK (WORLD'S TOUGHEST ROW)
The amount of emergency or survival rations you are required to have for either of the World's Toughest Row events, Atlantic and Pacific, are based on:
- The number of people in your crew
- The number of declared meals per day you are planning to consumed (this is typically 2-3)
- The number of days your crossing is expected to take based on the number of people in your crew
Your emergency rations are measured in meals or meal equivalents. 10% of your total meal requirement for the crossing must be race compliant emergency meals i.e. not dehydrated or freeze dried meals which require water to be consumed.
50% of the emergency ration items must consist of pre-cooked, ready to eat, wet meals. The remaining 50% can be made up of Resilient Nutrition Long Range Fuel, Emergency Survival Ration and Real Meal Bars.
You are not permitted to use your Emergency Rations supply without first notifying the Race Safety Officers. We recommend that all your Emergency Rations are stowed together in a waterproof bag that can be grabbed easily if and when required.
Best practice in an emergency is to remain as alert and focused as possible until you are out of immediate danger. This can be difficult when you are tired or the incident happens during the night. As a result, we include a pack of caffeinated chews allowing for a supply of 300-400mg caffeine per person.
Developed based on real world experience of the nutrition required in emergency and survival situations. These packs have been designed to meet the World's Toughest Row race requirements whilst also being super lightweight, highly energy dense, functional and morale boostingly tasty.
Packs include a selection of the following items:
- Ready to Eat Meals - a range of precooked, ready-to-eat meals in retort pouches that can be eaten cold or hot.
- Resilient Nutrition Emergency Survival Ration - each 284g pouch represents 3 meal replacements and is the lightest, most cost effective way to meet race requirements.
- Resilient Nutrition High Protein Nut Butter - each 100g pouch represents 1 meal replacement and provides a versatile, meal replacement solution in a resealable pouch that has been proven at sea numerous times. Included in Solo & Pair packs.
All packs below are based on the assumption of 2 meals per person per day.
If you want to formulate a custom setup for your survival rations you can download our Emergency Ration configurator here.
NOTE: Rations may not be shipped immediately. If you require your packs URGENTLY please respond to your Order Confirmation and we will endeavour to get them to you as soon as we can.