A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
2. Types of cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies - these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (where applicable).
- Targeting cookies - these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and (where applicable) any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name and email address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
3. Third party websites/Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. There may also be links to third party website on our website.